4 tablespoons butter, divided
Salt and pepper, to taste
3 tablespoons chopped parsley
2 tablespoons all-intent flour
1 cup 50 percent-and-50 %, or more if needed
¼ cup crumbled cooked bacon, optional
1½ cups grated cheddar cheese, divided
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1. Boil potatoes in huge pot of boiling h2o until eventually conveniently pierced with a knife or fork. Drain and dice set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a massive skillet over medium warmth. Insert onions and cook until eventually soft. Take out onions and established apart. Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter with the oil in the big skillet. Increase potatoes, paprika and salt and pepper to taste. Prepare dinner, stirring as minimal as possible, right until potatoes are browned and crisp. Stir in parsley and potatoes.
3. Soften the remaining 2 tablespoons of the butter in a saucepan over medium warmth. Include flour and cook dinner, stirring continually, for 2 to 3 minutes. Insert 50 %-and-fifty percent and cook dinner, stirring, until eventually thickened incorporate more 50 percent-and-fifty percent (or milk) if desired. Add lemon juice and bacon parts if employing. Include ¾ cup of the cheese prepare dinner until finally melted and combined. Continue to keep heat.
4. Sprinkle the remaining ¾ cup of cheese around the potatoes and location in oven right until cheese melts. Remove from oven — keep in mind, the skillet tackle will be scorching.
5. Meanwhile, fill a saucepan half-total with h2o and add the vinegar. Provide to a simmer, then crack eggs gently into the water (do this in batches). Poach eggs for about 3 minutes eliminate thoroughly with a slotted spoon. Carefully spot poached eggs on best of the potatoes. Top rated with product sauce.
For every serving: 548 energy 26g fats 13g saturated excess fat 242mg cholesterol 22g protein 59g carbohydrate 7g sugar 6g fiber 785mg sodium 342mg calcium
Adapted from “California Bed & Breakfast Cookbook” by Melissa Craven and Jordan Salcito recipe from Inexperienced Gables Inn