3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 (12-ounce) can nonfat evaporated milk or 1½ cups full milk
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, moreover a lot more for serving
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon floor cinnamon
8 slices multigrain bread
1 cup mixed berries, optional
1. Spray 8 (14-inch) parts of significant-responsibility foil with nonstick spray, or use nonstick foil, and brush the middle of just about every piece with melted butter.
2. Whisk with each other the evaporated milk, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla and cinnamon in a little baking dish or significant resealable bag. If you really don’t have a whisk, use a fork.
3. Dip both sides of each and every piece of bread in the milk combination until eventually absolutely submerged. Organize 2 pieces of bread up coming to every other, without overlapping, on 1 piece of buttered foil. Repeat with the remaining bread and 3 items of foil.
4. Make the foil packs: Put the remaining 4 items of foil, buttered-aspect down, right on major of the bread so the foil touches the bread and the edges line up. Fold and crimp the edges tightly to make 4 rectangular packets.
5. Spot the packs on a grate more than a medium-sizzling fire and cook about 5 minutes on just about every facet. Cooking time will depend on the heat of the fireplace and the length of the packs over the embers, so examine for doneness by thoroughly opening 1 of the packs (scorching steam will escape). The French toast is performed when it is browned on both of those sides and the centre is custardy. Continue to keep in the packets or transfer to plates. Major each individual serving with ¼ cup of the berries, if working with, and extra maple syrup.
Per serving: 321 energy 13g unwanted fat 7g saturated fat 117mg cholesterol 13g protein 37g carbohydrate 16g sugar 5g fiber 262mg sodium 166mg calcium
Tailored from a recipe by the Food items Community