Storage Notes: Leftover gratin can be refrigerated for up to 4 times.
Scale and get a printer-friendly model of the recipe listed here.
- Butter or cooking spray, for greasing the dish
- 1 cup minimal-sodium rooster broth
- 1 cup significant product
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly floor black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh new thyme leaves (or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme), as well as more for optional garnish
- 2 lbs 8 ounces russet potatoes, peeled and sliced about 1/8-inch slender
- 8 ounces (2 cups) grated sharp cheddar cheese
Situation the rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a 9-by-9-inch baking dish with butter or cooking spray.
In a medium bowl or a liquid measuring cup, incorporate the rooster broth, product, mustard, salt, pepper and thyme.
Layer 50 percent the potatoes in the ready baking dish. Then sprinkle on 50 percent the cheese and pour in fifty percent of the liquid combination. Repeat with the remaining potatoes, cheese and liquid.
Cover the pan with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Clear away the foil and keep on to bake for an further 45 minutes or so, right until the potatoes are tender (a knife should really slide in effortlessly) and the major is browned and crispy. Enable neat for 15 minutes right before serving and sprinkle with extra thyme, if utilizing.
Observe: You can make this dish in a 9-by-13-inch pan. You are going to get additional crispy potatoes on top rated and a thinner layer of the creaminess, but it is just as great. Bake as directed.
Diet Information and facts
Energy: 676 Complete Excess fat: 41 g Saturated Unwanted fat: 26 g Cholesterol: 141 mg Sodium: 867 mg Carbohydrates: 56 g Dietary Fiber: 4 g Sugar: 2 g Protein: 23 g.
Scale and get a printer-friendly variation of the recipe listed here.